Author Archives: admin
A.R.M.S. #22M68-LII Aimpoint Comp Throw Lever Scope Ring – See more at: http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/ARMS-22M68-LII.html
Violence at Home, Moments Into the New Year: Shotgun, Knife and Fights Land 2 in Jail
The very first hours of the new year in Palm Coast were punctured by two separate domestic violence incidents, one of them involving a stabbing, the other involving a shotgun and a knife and unfolding in front of a 14-year-old girl. The confrontations …
L3 Communications EOTech is famous even in the past decades for manufacturing holographic weapon sights and these sights are used mostly by the military aircrafts and even many law enforcers worldwide. They manufacture sights mostly intended to be mounted on small fire arms used even by the civilians these days.
EOTech have already developed a lot of holographic sights since the 1950s and still continue developing sights with different features to cater the needs of the different users of different guns. EOTech’s recently produced product is the EXPS2-0 Holographic Weapon Sight. This features easier usage with a quick and easy to attach and remove the lever for adjusting buttons and locking capacity. This kind of holographic weapon sights offers two eyes open shooting with a mounted 123 lithium battery and it has an iron sight access of 7 mm.
The Features and Advantages
EOTech EXPS2 weights 11.2 oz and has dimensions of 3.5″ by 2.4″ x 2.8″. This recently introduced product by EOTech only needs 2.75 inches of rail space, which is a little shorter than the previously introduced holographic sights. Eye sight is also raised up to 7 mm for unobstructed co-witnessing. The battery cap and latch which could be found on other Holosights are eliminated to attain a better sealing for the battery. Thus, the battery compartment is separated from the base and hovers over the delta ring of the rifle instead. The battery life is expected to be more or less runs on an average of 600 hours when the brightness level is set to 12 and by using a 1x CR123 Lithium battery (which replaces AA battery the usual battery of EOTech’s holosights). This holographic weapon sight has a highly versatile reticle, which allows CQC to work faster and to ensure precise fire outs up to the medium ranges. The controls (used in operation) for this kind of holographic weapon sight is located on the left side of the electronic device and could be seen and controlled by the use of a magnifying glass. Apparently, like any other EOTech holosights, this can also mount easily to any Picatinny rail, weavers, rifles, and shotguns.
The following additional facts are featured best by EOTech EXPS2:
- 1 MoA aiming dot (reticle is a 56 MoA circle)
- Single transverse 123 battery
- Easy to detach and attach levers
- Parallax free optics with unlimited eye relief
- Shatterproof glass and aluminum hood assembled in a rugged design.
- Waterproof (up to 10 ft)
However, a downturn regarding the EOTech EXPS2 is the fact that it is not designed and compatible with night visions.
EOTech is undeniably one of the leading holographic sight producers and designers in the whole world since it is the pioneering company for holographic sights. However, issues regarding the EOTech EXPS2 circulate around the web stating the facts and developments mentioned above as a thing taken negatively by the users. However, no one can ever testify the truth unless you have tried to have an EOTech EXPS2. Nonetheless, EOTech’s products are proven reliable and durable for so many years.
Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova or SKS is a 7.62 x 39 mm calibre semi-automatic carbine traditionally with a wooden stock. It was originally made for the Soviet Union Army in 1945 (hence, its mouthful of a name) but was later replaced by the AK-47. Nowadays, the SKS is a popular carbine on the civilian surplus market because of its historic nature, novelty, and relatively low cost.
The SKS may not be considered an assault rifle, but the fascination for it still has not faded. Some SKS variants have a grenade-launching equipment while others have an integrated bayonet that fold from the end of the barrel.
What gun enthusiasts and SKS aficionados are often looking for, are SKS stocks, parts, and accessories for upgrading their SKS. The important thing to know is that the SKS stocks can be grouped into three tactical stocks, traditional stocks, and accessories.
- Traditional SKS stocks
SKS stocks falling under the traditional category are ideal for sport shooting, hunting, and other leisurely shooting activities.
- SKS Monte Carlo Stock has a scorpion recoil pad, raised cheekpiece, DuPont Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer, scratch resistant
- SKS Fiberforce Stock military styling, Fiberforce Dragunov Design, Sure-Grip Textured Pad, Dowel Sling Mount, ventilated forearm, ambidextrous, thumbhole grip
- ATI Sling Swivel fits standard sling swivel studs, installs easily, made of high quality e-coated steel
- Tactical SKS stocks
Tactical SKS stocks are equipped for greater speed, accuracy, flexibility, durability and ease of use or tactical shooting situations.
- SKS Strikeforce Stock – six position adjustable side folding stock, Scorpion recoil system, adjustable cheekrest, one 4″ Picatinny Rail, three 2″ Picatinny Rails, one 2″ Swivel Stud Picatinny Rail
- SKS Ultimate Professional Plus Strikeforce Stock aluminum upgrade to the six position adjustable side folding stock, scorpion recoil system, fore end pistol grip, adjustable cheekrest, can be fired from folded position
- SKS Adjustable, Non-Side Folding Strikeforce Stock six position adjustable non-side folding stock, scorpion recoil system, adjustable cheekrest
- SKS Non-adjustable, Non-Side Folding Strikeforce Stock ergonomic textured pistol grip, adjustable cheekrest, slot for tactical sling attachment, scorpion recoil system
- SKS Non-adjustable, Side Folding Strikeforce Stock scorpion recoil system, adjustable cheekrest, five sling swivel studs
- SKS accessories stocks
For those who prefer to modify their existing SKS, there is a wide array of SKS accessories stocks to choose from depending on the modification need and part. Each accessory varies in materials used in manufacturing to suit temperatures, comfort and ergonomics. Here are some SKS parts that have available accessories out in the market nowadays:
- Recoil pads
- Swivel stud
- Picatinny rail
- Pistol grip
- Conversion kit
- Retro-fit kit
SKS stocks can be found with many local gun shops and online suppliers of guns and ammo. Finding the right supplier that offers reasonable prices for SKS stocks is not that difficult because of the wide availability and usefulness of the SKS.
It might have been almost 70 years since the SKS was invented and used but the carbine still proves to be of value up until today.
The fame of Ruger 10 22 stocks came to a point that many users had wanted to make their gun different from others. Because of this, many gunsmiths and gun manufacturers have spent a lot of time developing configurations for Ruger 10 22 stocks. As of last year, there have been six basic Ruger 10 22 models which come with a lot of variations and features different from each model.
- 10/22 Carbine comes with an 18.5″ barrel bound with hardwood body. It also comes with a stainless steel receiver and fitting for LaserMax scope.
- 10/22 Takedown released on March 2012, the 10/22 takedown is the latest addition to the line of Ruger 10 22 stocks. It features easy assembly and disassembly with only a few tools to use. It is shipped in a sleek backpack that houses all needed components for assembly.
- 10/22 Target designed for mainly for target shooting, this is the heaviest of all Ruger 10 22 stocks in the market. What makes it heavier is its 20″, high precision barrel.
- 10/22 Compact it is sleek and smaller and comes with a 16″ barrel only.
- 10/22 Sporter it comes with a 19′ barrel and black walnut stock.
- 10/22 Tactical This is the only stock of all Ruger 10 22 stocks that comes with a flash suppressor that perfectly conceals your location after firing. It also comes with a fitting for a bipod and a 16″ barrel.
Snapshot for Sturm Ruger & Co Inc (RGR)
Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and exports firearms. The Company produces rifles, shotguns, pistols, and revolvers. The Company also manufactures titanium and ferrous investment castings utilized in a wide variety of markets …
Italian Police Find Gun Cache, Over 1,000 Bullets in Cemetery
POMIGLIANO D’ARCO, Naples – Carabinieri military police on Tuesday unearthed a small arms cache buried in a cemetery in the town of Pomigliano D’Arco located northeast of Naples, near Mount Vesuvius. The mini arsenal consisted of a 12-caliber shotgun and three sub-machine guns, all with no serial numbers, as well as more than 1000 bullets of various calibers. The weapons were taken to a ballistics lab for testing to find out if they have been used by the Naples Camorra… [Gazzetta del Sud (Italy), via GunPolicy.org]
Police Concern as Possible 3D ‘Gun Parts’ Found in UK Crime Raid
A 3D printer and suspected “homemade” gun components seized during police raids in Manchester are being examined. Officers initially thought they could be a “plastic magazine and trigger” which would make a “viable” gun. But a man who was arrested in connection with the raid said the parts were sections of the 3D printer. Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has now said it “cannot categorically say” whether the objects are the component parts for a gun. The arrested… [BBC News, via GunPolicy.org]
Bullet Points – October 22
NSSF’s weekly e-newsletter
Bullet Points – July 30
NSSF’s weekly e-newsletter
Bullet Points – August 22
NSSF’s weekly e-newsletter